Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Friendly Toast, Round Two

So we headed back to Portsmouth, back to the Friendly Toast, to eat what turned out in the end to be enough food to put a horse into a coma.  Which isn't to say the food is terrible.  That's not true at all.  The food is excellent.  There's just way too much of it.

  Jena disclosing the contents of her monster

a forkful

triple carbs, double protein

At this point it seems appropriate to talk about the breakfast the waiter plunked down in front of me.  The bottom tier was some kind of cheesy cayenne bread topped with sausage patties, topped with spicy mashed potatoes (lots of them) topped with scrambled egg (was supposed to be sunny side up).  If I'd been paying attention, I would have swapped out the side of home fries for a side of black beans.  

It was a beautiful, sunny day, and we sat near the window.  Our glasses of grapefruit juice looked great. 

The decorations are fun, too.


1 comment:

Keri said...

LOL, that looks so good. I agree it's a lot, and I would comment on that fact and complain that I was too full and eat the whole damn thing. I'm just sayin. Keri