Tuesday, May 31, 2011

broccoli raab and salami sandwich redo + bi bim bop fusion

Not that it had to be redone, oh no, but that I wanted to see what other shapes this instant classic could take...


So I sauteed the raab as normal, and then, once cooked, chopped it up with my knife and mixed it up with some mayo, creating...




a somewhat richer sandwich on behalf of the mayo.  Now, before we move on, let's pause for a moment to appreciate that lettuce [10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0]

OK, fusion: have said in the past that I'm anti-fusion.  Have said that somewhere, I'm sure.  Have said boatloads of stuff just to get a rise out of someone.  For instance, the three month hoax I played upon all my friends when I insisted that the avocado was horrible, that I hated it, and that it appealed only to morons and trendy types...


Etc.  But fusion, I do actually have some strong opinions about that: shortly, that I don't like fusion for the sake of fusion...




but I had some leftover Spanish rice, some leftover beans, some eggs, and an appetite.  I needed lunch.  Something with lots of protein and calories.  I rooted around in the fridge.  Boom.  With my recent fried rice still bopping around in my memory, I decided that, hell, I could make fried rice with Spanish rice, the first dangerous step toward fusion.  A couple minutes later, some new fangled, "Mexican" bi bim bop was in my bowl.



And there it is, partially chawed, the steam still rising from the rice.



No comments: