Thursday, June 27, 2013

damp fatigue

Damp this morning.  Damp yesterday morning.  It'll probably be damp tomorrow morning too. 


The shallots in these pictures are sitting on the rocking chair on my porch.  Their bulbs have since turned yellow, and their tops have wilted and become darker.  If this damp weather persists, I will need to find another method of drying them out.    
       
  
Has anyone else noticed that Facebook has become incredibly boring?  Has facebook become boring or is it me?  I would like to coin a new phrase: "like fatigue."  I suppose I am also feeling some "damp fatigue."  
  

Sometimes I think about those sod homes pioneers built on the prairie in places like Kansas.  It's probably a good thing that the prairie is not a damp place.  Otherwise those homes could have turned into mud.  Most of them, as it is, have returned to the earth.  They were never built to last.   

        
This morning I am aware of two contradictory things: [1] I am posting pictures of shallots resting on my thigh (playful) and [2] my tone is somewhat sedate (possibly sad).  This means that I have options.  How do you turn a mental corner and head into the day?  


I suppose some days get on top of us and prevail on us.  Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves to have good days?  Yesterday morning I made about post in which I announced that I would retire this blog soon and start a new one somewhere else, which is something I am considering doing.  I'll let you know when that happens.  I still need to think about it.  

No comments: