Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I switched the moon with ham

I know that I just said Oilchanges is now permanently back on food (no more junk about bad plumbing and shovelling snow), and it is permanently back on food, but like always exceptions must be made when exceptional circumstances arise, and the release of Luke Bloomfield's chapbook, The Duffel Bag, is one of those circumstances.  And plus, this is an opportunity for me to plug Flying Object (where it was letterpressed), Factory Hollow Press (the publisher), and of course MYSELF (I designed the cover) and my process, if you will call it that.

Here's an early drawing...


And here are the intermediary stages between this drawing and the finished product...


You'll notice that the little signs and the ham, especially the ham, were quickly Xd by authorial input... 

 
Or almost.  I was really fighting for that ham...

 
Getting somewhat closer; no ham, no "that way to Paris," but the pyramids remain.  Anyway, we finally arrived at this:

That's the front, and now the back...


An olive instead of a ham is a good trade.  If you are attending AWP in DC this year, be sure to find Luke's book at the Factory Hollow table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

moons over my hammy