Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big News from Pledge Central



Friends and Fans

I don't know what the weather's been like where you are, but around here it's been solid rain.  But rain can't stop this X-Country Road and Farm Adventure Fun(d) Drive from moving forward.  Oh no.  We got some big developments here, real big developments.  

On Saturday I started drafting a letter to a woman named Lisa D. who works for Google.  Lisa D. is the one who maintains Bloggers' blog, "Blogs of Note."  "Blogs of Note" spotlights cool and notable blogs.  Thanks to your enthusiasm and donations, pledge central is buzzing.  I drafted the letter and sent it to Lisa D.  Your support inspired me to do it.  Yeah, we still need to nail down the remaining 800 bucks, but guess what?  Lisa D. wrote back to me and said they'd love to put Oilchanges on "Blogs of Note."  What?  Huh?  Hell yeah! Thanks to you, Oilchanges is going big time.  On top of that, I just turned down two contracts to teach English Comp for the profit-movitated behemouth corporate educational institution that I work for, so that I can focus on the road and the farm.  Don't believe me?  Check out this screen-shot!
















 





That's right, friends and fans.  I turned those contracts down ruthlessly.  Mark my words: I'm gonna push this X-Country Road and Farm Adventure as hard and as far as I can push it.


Yrs, Jono


No comments: