Sunday, July 29, 2012

in the meantime

It's been raining for about five days, and the rain's been keeping me out of my garden, which I suppose is a fine thing.  Perhaps I've had other things to do.  I'm not really sure.  My roommate's been out of town for a week, on the Cape, and I've been spending a lot of time alone, so much that when someone asks me what I've been up to—well, we've been down this road before.  Last night I went out for one night cap, and the old drummer for Sebadoh, who was also seated at the bar and drinking a Coors Light, immediately started accosting me, asking me if I remembered his name.  Yeah, it's Eric, I said.  And then Sasha pulled up a stool beside me and asked me what I'd been up to.  How to tell people you barely know about your life?  Generally, I claim that I have no idea how I spend my time, and sometimes that's the truth.  Yesterday the rain kept me inside.  I mended my wallet and made this video postcard.  One day soon I shall fill my sink with ice water and prepare my sweet corn for the freezer.  In the meantime, this one minute and seventeen second postcard will have to do.    




 

No comments: