Saturday, July 30, 2011

shellin' beans

Folks, if you haven't already heard it through the grapevine, me and Oilchanges are hitting the road this September.  We're packing up the station wagon, old-school family vacation style, and burning rubber down twenty-one hundred miles of American asphalt to finally plop down upon our ultimate destination: Stanley and Rose Mary Crawford's farm in Dixon, New Mexico, elevation 6000 feet.  That's right(!), me and Oilchanges are heading out west to farm.  Yeah, farm.  I turned down a good teaching contract (one with benefits) in favor of a road trip to New Mexico, to volunteer my labor, side-by-side, for peanuts, in a field with some dude named Miguel de Guanajuato.  (Stan told me to brush up on my Spansih.)  This trip means a lot to me, a lot to my personal growth and direction, and it would mean even more to me if you could help me and Oilchanges out.  Yeah, I'm hitting you up for gas $$$!  I'll trade you top notch road trip and farm content for some gasoline.  I don't know what sorts of characters I'll meet along the way (I'm gonna sleep in my car), but I do know I am devoted to turning my path out west into the best Oilchanges entertainment I can.  Gas isn't cheap these days, but I have a paypal button!  (See top right hand corner of this page).  OK, shelling beans!  Put your headphones on and enjoy.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect combination of work and music

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to hone your bean-shelling skills before September or Miguel is going to be laughing his ass off, kiddo! We have faith, though. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Spillin beans made me jealous. BC